Chinese New Year, also known as Spring Festival, is a time for families to come together and celebrate the beginning of the new lunar year.
It's also a time when people exchange gifts with their loved ones. When choosing a gift, it's important to consider the recipient's interests and preferences, as well as the occasion. Here are a few ideas for gifts that are traditionally given during Chinese New Year:
- Red envelopes (hongbao) filled with money: Red envelopes are a traditional gift that are given to children and unmarried adults during Chinese New Year. They are believed to bring good luck and prosperity for the new year.
- Fruit: Fruit is a popular gift during Chinese New Year because it symbolizes good luck and prosperity. Pears, oranges, and tangerines are particularly popular because their Chinese names sound similar to words that have positive meanings.
- Sweets: Sweets are also a popular gift during Chinese New Year because they symbolize a sweet new year. You can give a box of Chinese pastries or a jar of sweet Chinese candies.
- Tea: Chinese people love tea and they consider as high-class culture item. It's a good idea to give a nice packaged tea or a tea set as a gift. It will always be a great gift idea.
- Jewellery: Jewellery is a traditional gift to give during Chinese New Year, as it symbolizes wealth and prosperity. Bracelets, earrings, and necklaces are popular choices.
- Home decor: Home decor is also a popular gift during Chinese New Year, as it symbolizes the desire for a happy home. You can give a vase, a painting or a traditional Chinese lantern.
Another idea is to give a gift that represents one of the traditional Chinese New Year themes, such as:
- Clothing: Giving new clothing as a gift is a symbol of new beginnings and good luck for the new year.
- Kites: Flying kites during Chinese New Year is a traditional activity that is thought to bring good luck and prosperity. You can give a kite as a gift to encourage the recipient to participate in this activity.
- Calligraphy: Calligraphy is an art form that is highly valued in Chinese culture. Giving a piece of calligraphy or a calligraphy set is a meaningful and thoughtful gift.
- Books: Chinese people have a strong tradition of reading, giving books can be a great option as a gift. you can choose books related to Chinese Culture, Chinese literature, or Chinese Poetry.
Also, consider the relationship you have with the person you're giving the gift to, and the significance of the gift in that context. It's also common for the gift to be wrapped in red paper and tied with gold ribbon or string, as red and gold are lucky colours in Chinese culture.
I hope this gives you some additional ideas for Chinese New Year gifts in 2023. Remember that the most important thing is to choose a gift that is thoughtful and meaningful to the person you are giving it to.
We specialise in:
- Corporate Gifting
- Special occasion hampers
- Bespoke made to order hampers
- Australian made gourmet food
- Charity hampers
- Same Day Delivery
- Gift cards
Contact our sales teams NOW!
- Website: www.purelygourmet.com.au
- Phone:1300 618 530
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/purelygourmet/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PurelyGourmet
- AUS/VIC/TAS: Head/Sales Office: 3/459 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- NSW: Sales Office: 903/50 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000
- QLD: Sales Office: 9/204 Alice St, Brisbane QLD 4000
- SA/WA/NT: Sales Office: 3/55 Gawler Place, Adelaide SA 5000
- AUS/VIC: Fullfillment Centre Warehouse 7 / 57–59 Whiteside Road, Clayton South VIC 3169