Writing the Prefect Gift Card – inspired tips for every special occasion
Make your card really pop with memorable words that elicit all the sentiments you’re hoping for.
When you’re sending a gift, or presenting it in person, you want the card to be the prelude to the grand reveal. A simple ‘to ……… from ……. ‘ is possibly the most uninspiring message you could get. It’s often sincere enough, but memorable? Definitely not. And when they’re receiving multiple gifts, all with the same message, it can get rather ho-hum, yawn.
To help you out and jazz things up a bit, we’ve put together a whole host of options to make your gift card be the one they think about, long after the event.
Being original, cute, funny, daring or heartfelt, is no longer the arduous task it used to be. Check these options out. Your gift giving just got a whole lot easier – and more memorable.
The Romance Card
This is arguably the most important of all cards. It proclaims love, oneness, deep meaningful connection, soul-mate understanding and a whole lot more. It is strong, individual, of the soul and from the heart.
It is also a chance to tell them how you feel and what they mean to you. It is not surprising though, that when it comes to writing these cards, a lot of us just lose our nerve, fearing we might say the wrong thing, and settle for, yet again, the boring old ‘to….. love…..’ Really? We can do so much better than that.
What about some of these to ‘love them tender’?
- When we’re together, everything is right, is good, is forever.
- From tip to toe, I love all things about you. Now and for always.
- Dream of you. Think of you. Love all of you.
- Each day is more because of you – more fun, more happy times, more love.
- My heart swells with love and pride more and more each day.
- How can I express my love for you? How do I tell you how much you mean to me? It’s now and it’s for always. Love. Love. Love.
- Thank you for always being there. Thank you for the love you share. Thank you for you, so you.
- Love, laughter, jokes and pokes. Each day with you is a blast.
What about a quote…?
When you want something a little deeper and more expansive for your card, why not use a tried and tested sentiment that has already stood the test of time and popular opinion?
Here are a few you might want to consider:
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ― Dr. Seuss
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ― Lao Tzu
- I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough. ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature. ― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.
― Alfred Tennyson
For one of the big birthdays…
When it’s a really special birthday, like one of the big ‘O’s, you want a big message to go with it.
Here are a few that will do very nicely.
- It takes a long time to grow young. -- Pablo Picasso
- I am not young enough to know everything. -- Oscar Wilde
- Birthdays are good for you; the more you have the longer you live! -- Unknown
- You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely. -- Ogden Nash
- If you want to be happy, be. -- Henry David Thorreau
- You've heard of the three ages …- youth, age, and "you are looking wonderful." -- Francis Cardinal Spellman
- The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything. -- Oscar Wilde
And for the Graduates…
No matter what age, what learning centre or what course, the graduation of one of your loved ones is indeed a very special occasion. It’s a time to celebrate the work, the yearning, the goal setting and the achievements. This is a ‘forever moment’ for you to share.
And your card needs to be something special, something unique and something truly memorable.
Here are a few options you might want to include.
- We are all so proud of you! With smiles, hugs, joy and proud hearts, we congratulate you. You are fantastic.
- Congratulations! You did it! Way to go! So proud of you.
- You’ve done it! You’ve worked hard and achieved so much. Success, happiness and prosperity are your well-deserved rewards. Well done.
- From the bottom of my heart, the congratulations, pride, amazement and joy go out to you. What a wonderful achievement. So happy for you and all that you have earned.
- You did it! You worked for it and you did it! You set your goals high and you did it! So proud of who you are and of what you’ve created for your life.
Thank, thank, thank you…
There are so many times in our lives when the kindness of another speaks to our souls, deeply. It can be the random action of a friend, a lover, a family member or a colleague or the result of a planned occasion. Whatever the occasion or circumstance, it doesn’t have to be in the form of a gift. A thank you card and/or gift can result from a helping hand, a wise word at a difficult time, a hands-on fix-it or a calm in the midst of a storm.
Expressing how much you appreciate them can be a defining moment in a relationship, of any kind.
Why not try a couple of these as examples of heartfelt thanks.
- You are always surprising in your choice of gifts. Giving the right thing at the right time, big or small, is a talent not everyone is blessed with. I thank you for yours.
- Wow! Amazing. You always know just the right thing to say. What a wonderful gift. Love you. Thank you.
- You seem to always have the knack of knowing exactly what I need and when it’s most appreciated. Thank you so much.
- You are so generous, and thoughtful. I am constantly in awe of your amazing gift giving. Thank you.
- Your kindness, thoughtfulness and insightful awareness always leave me in such deep appreciation of you. Thank you.
So sad… sympathy and condolence cards – what to write
At a time when, for someone who is grieving, the sun doesn’t shine and the world is bleaker than it has ever been before, the message from someone who understands, can be a truly comforting thing.
It can sometimes be quite difficult to know what to say. You don’t want to get it wrong.
Here are a few notes that might help.
- To lose your best friend is always insurmountable. Please know that our heartfelt thoughts are with you. Much love surrounds you.
- How is it possible that the sun is still shining, that all is going on as usual? This loss makes it difficult to believe that things will ever get better. But they do, and we’re here for you, every step of the way.
- The loss of ……. is one we are sorry to know. Our love goes out to you. Know that we are here for you.
- Knowing what a great life ……….. led, is an inspiration to us all. While we will miss him/her and are saddened at his/her passing, we will always remember the good times, the happy times and full of love times.
- We will miss …… terribly. His/her unique and selfless life was one that was given for the betterment of others. We will always hold ………. dearly and closely in our hearts.
It’s about what you say, and especially how you say it.
Choosing the right words for the right occasion doesn’t have to be the nightmare you think it is.
The most amazing way to express your thoughts and feelings is telling it from the heart. Tell them how much they mean to you, how much your life is enhanced by them, how each day is better because of them.
Wanting to discuss your Hamper & Gifting Needs ?
We specialise in:
- Corporate Gifting
- Special occasion hampers
- Bespoke made to order hampers
- Australian made gourmet food
- Charity hampers
- Same Day Delivery
- Gift cards
Contact our sales teams NOW!
- Website: www.purelygourmet.com.au
- Phone:1300 618 530
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/purelygourmet/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PurelyGourmet
- AUS/VIC/TAS: Head/Sales Office: 3/459 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- NSW: Sales Office: 903/50 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000
- QLD: Sales Office: 9/204 Alice St, Brisbane QLD 4000
- SA/WA/NT: Sales Office: 3/55 Gawler Place, Adelaide SA 5000
- AUS/VIC: Fullfillment Centre Warehouse 7 / 57–59 Whiteside Road, Clayton South VIC 3169
BEFORE YOU GO!